Monday, March 21, 2011

New Dress in the Making!

This last weekend I have started working on my new dress for my mother! I have yet to name it. I am consitering Purple Ruffle Dress or Purple Wrap Dress. You decide!

I am making McCalls 6024 View B (That is the purple one on the pattern envelope.


I have already cut out the fabric and put part of the bodice together


I was quite angry when I found out that this pattern had 8 darts! (But overjoyed when I learned it didn't need a hem!) I finished the bodice ones with no hassle though! I was very surprised. Perhaps on my houndstooth dress, I was just having a bad day. By the way, the R's on the boobs are just to let me know which side is the right side of the fabric :)

Close-ups of the fantastic hassle free darts!



I started working on the ruffle that goes around the neck and I have to encase it in double fold bias tape which I am a little nervous about because I dont know exactly how to use it, I have only used single fold bias tape. I plan on looking up some tutorials online to make sure I get it right.

So, tell me what you think the name of this dress should be!

No comments: